For the first time, I’ve decided to make a bucket list. I’m making the list for the year ahead for a few reasons. Firstly, with the move from London to Brisbane, I’m at a pivotal time in life and want to make the most of this opportunity. Secondly, I want new experiences in my life. I want enriching, challenging experiences and to reach my full potential. Thirdly, I want to reach out and connect with the world, near and far. And finally, I want to truly feel alive.
I want to share this bucket list with you. Not only to bring momentum to achieving these goals but to share the experience.
So what makes the list? It’s a work in progress and I hope to revisit the list at least once a month, adding and editing it accordingly. As a first draft, I’m working towards the following. I’ve included quite a few travel and adventure related goals because I believe they directly contribute to our wellbeing.
- Practice yoga and meditation daily.
- Find a place to call home.
- Hike mountains regularly.
- Hang glide.
- Walk on a glacier.
- Visit Lake Eyre.
- Learn to speak basic Italian.
- Visit two new countries. (New Zealand is already booked so doesn’t count towards this).
- Go snorkelling. (I hope to visit Julian Rocks again with Sun Dive Byron Bay. Tangalooma wrecks are on my radar too).
- Visit the Crystal Castle and Shambhala Gardens, Byron Bay.
- Complete yoga teacher training.
- Practice and create three artistic project pieces.
- Change to a plant based diet.
- Go paddle boarding.
- Do more kayaking.
For now, I think these items are suitable and achievable but I will definitely edit the list to include more items that help me connect with the community and give back. Being a volunteer and taking on charitable activities is something I’ve always done and it means a lot to me to give back. I would like to seek these opportunities too.
If you have advice, suggestions or any feedback on the above then I’m very open to hearing from you.
Love & Gratitude.